Paprikash is a delicious paprika based stew that will lift your sipirits and warm you up during cold winter days, though you can enjoy it whenever you prefer. Of course, as always in reSapiens Kitchen, this recipe was invented using ingredients I already had at home. As there wasn’t any suitable meats, I’ve made a vegan paprikash with dry porcini mushrooms.
Ingredients [2 people]
- 1 smaller onion
- 1 medium potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 dl tomato sauce (or 2 spoons of tomato puree)
- 1 dry (smoked) paprika
- 1 tsp of ground paprika (sweet and/or hot)
- 1 tsp vegeta
- a handful of dry porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp frying oil
- peppercorns, salt to taste
Preparation [20 min]
- Fry a small onion, some dry paprika and ground paprika.
- Add water, salt, vegeta, peppercorns and mushrooms.
- Dice potatos and carrots and pour in.
- If you want, you can also add a bit of tomato paste.
- Cook until potatos are soft, but not too soft (if too soft it will dissolve and add a flour-like texture to the stew).