Here’s another fast, delicious and affordable recipe, which you can sometimes prepare with ingredients you already have (if you fave some chicken breasts in the freezer), or with minimal shopping.
This recipe is inspired in Chinese cuisine, it is fairly light yet fulfilling.
It is best accompanied with rice, but some mashed potatoes can also do the trick.
Ingredients [serves 4]
- 0.5kg lean chicken breasts
- 2 carrots
- 3 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 smaller onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 0.5kg mushrooms
This is one of the very few reSapiens recipes where the order of inserting actually matters (meat goes first).
- Dice the chicken breasts and chop the vegetables and mushrooms into thin (not too thin!) slices.
- Pour a few drops of olive oil on a non-sticking skillet and put on medium heat.
- Pour in the chicken dices and let grill alone till it gets light brown on each side, stirring it from time to time. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and onion, and leave for another 2 minutes so they let some water out.
- Add the veggies and increase the heat. Grill them for about 2 minutes. This way they will remain fresh and crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you wish, you can also add a handful of peanuts, balsamic vinegar or soy sauce for a stronger flavor.