Carbonara is a delicious and nutritious way to prepare pasta. This recipe is common among the Balkan countries and differs form the original Italian in having sour cream and garlic, while the Italian version is a bit simpler and weaker in taste.
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 300g of fusilli (or spaghetti, macaroni, etc…)
- 300ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 200g bacon, pancetta or prosciutto
- 3 cloves garlic
- a bit of parmesan or other grated strong cheese.
- salt, black pepper, olive oil
Preparation (15 min)
- Add water (enough to cover the pasta and a bit more) to a pot and bring to a boil. When it starts boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and a bit of oil so the pasta doesn’t stick. Cook them to be “a dente“, meaning they’re cooked, but not overcooked.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix the eggs and sour cream.
- Cut and fry the bacon until it get’s crispy, then add the minced garlic and fry until it gets a golden color.
- Pour the fusilli in a large bowl, pour the mix of eggs and cream, add the fried bacon and garlic. Stir it all in and add the parmesan or grated cheese on top if you like it.
You can serve carbonara with olives, various types of cheese and/or lettuce.